What’s holding you back from starting your own business? What fears are lurking in your mind? What is keeping you from pressing the start button?
In my last article “What are You Waiting for? Start Your Business Today,” I mentioned three common fears that plague would-be entrepreneurs:
- Fear of Failure
- Fear of leaving the familiar, i.e. working for someone else
- Fear of the level of effort it takes to start and run ones own company
The strongest of these is the Fear of Failure. This fear involves fear of what others may think or say about us. We are worried that folks might think of us as failures. We are worried about being rejected.
A friend of mine conducted a Vision Board seminar this past weekend. She had the attendees write down three fears on a notecard. Then she told them to put them in the shredder. This was to help them visualize their fears being shredded to pieces. These fears will no longer be there to haunt them.
Now this doesn’t mean that they will not experience periods of doubts. The method my friend utilized was a step in facing ones fears. I’m encouraging you to do the same with your fears.
Here is how you face your fears about starting a business:
- Admit that they are there.
- Write them down. This will bring them to the forefront and allow you to address them.
- Write down the emotions associated with them. Are these emotions based on fact or fear?
- If it is a fact, write down the worse case scenario that may occur should you fail. Make a plan that will counter the possibility of failure and act upon it. For example, if losing investment money is the fear; then, make a plan that involves a budget that you can start the business without laying out that much money. Or seeking out other sources for investments such as an investor or partner.
- If it’s simply a fear – shred it!
Here is a great quote to remember when you are worried about what others think.
“You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
If you feel stuck, unfulfilled, scared or in a place where you are not moving towards your dream about…”Starting Your Own Business….. WE CAN HELP!
Join us for this informative Webinar on what it takes to make “YOUR” dream of self-employment a “REALITY”!
What You Will Learn…
- Characteristics of a successful Entrepreneur
- Defining The Vision
- The 5 Steps To Starting Your Own Business
- Transformation: from Dream to “Reality”!
- The Business Plan!
Thank you for reading my post. Please hit the “follow” button at the top of the page. This will allow me continue to write and share with you on a variety of topics.